Wednesday 10 December 2014

So I Read The Manhattan Projects Vol. 4

Or a 250 word (or less) review of The Manhattan Projects Vol. 4
by Jonathan Hickman, Nick Pitarra, Jordie Bellaire, Rus Wooton, Ryan Browne; Image Comics



This review will contain *SPOILERS*. For a clean review go here.

I'm a Scientist and as such I think Science is the key to the future of humanity and I'll have you know that I fi.... fuck it. I'll be honest, Science is just really cool. I get to go to work everyday and do really cool stuff like electrocute still beating genetically engineered heart cells to figure out how they work. And that is awesome. I might have good, lofty intentions, but at the end of the day I love this shit because Science is fun. And so fucking cool. So maybe those assholes making The Manhattan Projects might be on to something. In Volume 4 we see more of the madness side of Mad Science as cannibalistic Oppenheimer's Science coup comes to a dramatic conclusion, the civil war in Oppenheimer's mind rages on, and we finally learn what happened to the real Einstein. This issue is really the culmination of a lot of The Manhattan Projects up to this point and it really pays off in shocking and excessively violent ways. It's also the launching point for another promising new chapter (paradigm) of Science. Bad. The Manhattan Projects might portray all of my friends and colleagues as fucking monsters, but at the very least it gets that Science is awesome.

Disclaimer: I don't actually think that Team TMP are assholes. That was for dramatic effect.

Disclaimer: I take my job as Scientist very seriously. Don't show this to my boss.

Word count: 241

Post by Michael Bround, PhD Candidate 


Previously:

No comments:

Post a Comment